10-Year Anniversary Celebration
April 23 & 24, 2016 | Morro Bay Beach
(northeast of Morro Rock), 200 Coleman Drive, Morro Bay, CA 93442
Saturday, 11am-5pm | Sunday, 11am-4pm
Admission & Parking: FREE
What we offer our community and visitors:
- A FUN, FREE family event that is for all ages and lifestyles
- A sense of pride for the community. We have been told by professional kite flyers that we have some of the best kite-flying wind in the world here in Morro Bay
- A truly “GREEN" event that supports Morro Bay's vision as a community
- An opportunity for our community to share their knowledge of kite-flying with those who have never built or flown before
- An outstanding family tradition for the community and visitors alike
- Five-hundred kites provided by “Central Coast Funds for Children” for the kids
- A smile on every face and lifelong memories
Mission of Organization:
The Morro Bay Kite Festival is a annual community event focused on family and the art of kite flying.
Our goal is to bring all individuals, families, and all generations together in a safe, relaxing and fun environment, to learn and participate in the art of kite flying, Morro Bay style. Our breathtaking surroundings and windy location is perfect for this type of gathering on the central coast.
Our hope when attending this high flying event, is that kids of all ages will not be distracted by technology for a moment and able to enjoy kite flying festivities, nature, the ocean. Perhaps, even Grandma and Grandpa can take a turn to fly a kite and enjoy some good old fashioned fun over the weekend...